The last two years have witnessed upheaval in casual employment.Following the Skene decision, employers should carefully consider the proper classification of employees from the outset and constantly monitor their casual workforce.
- Casual conversion clause – what are the current employer obligations?
- How do the courts define casual employment?
- When is a casual employee entitled to benefits such as annual leave under the NES or industrial instruments?
- WorkPac Pty Ltd v Skene decision – when is a casual employee really a permanent employee?
- When can employers refuse requests from casual workers on ‘reasonable business grounds’?