This session will provide an overview of recent developments in WHS law, with a focus on changes brought in by the Work Health and Safety Act 2020.
- The duties of a PCBU and the possible penalties for failure to comply
- What are the duties of an officer under WHS laws?
- Can an employer terminate over failure to comply with work health and safety policies?
- Lessons from Hamlin v City of Sydney Council 
- Lessons from Yordanos Fesshatsyen v Mambourin Enterprises Ltd  regarding departures from safety standards, especially during the pandemic
- New penalties for industrial manslaughter and serious harm or death to workers